ACES BUSY DURING QUARRANTINE
Despite being subjected to a four-month quarantine, the Delmarva Aces still found ways to get better. Many players capitalized on these with AJ Kolb, Ben Donato, Julian Christman, Colton Reynolds, Zach Raiche, Nate Silva and Braden Marlow in on every single Zoom meeting!
ZOOM CALLS WITH MLB & MiLB COACHES
The Aces hosted eight Zoom meetings with current MLB and MiLB players and coaches. The Q&A list was with the following:
- Eddy Rodriguez (MLB Catching Coach – Miami Marlins)
- Jason Bell (Fundamentals Director – Houston Astros)
- Peter Larson (Pitching Coach – Minnesota Twins)
- Drew Heithoff (MiLB Strength & Conditioning Coordinator – San Diego Padres)
- Benji Johnson (Former Triple A catcher, owner of Benji Johnson Catching)
- Lewis Thorpe (MLB pitcher – Minnesota Twins)
- Chas Pippitt (Owner of Baseball Rebellion, Former NC State player ACC)
- Tyler Smarslok (MiLB Fielding Coach – Minnesota Twins)
ORGANIZATIONAL THROWING PROGRAM
All players were provided a four-week throwing program to get back into throwing shape. The program also provided speed workouts, as well as bands and conditioning
- Ages 9U-12U. Efforts up to 90% by week four. High intensity days, combined with off days, dry work days and low-effort days.
- Ages 13U-16U. Efforts up to 95% by week four. High intensity days, combined with off days, dry work days and low-effort days.
- Ages 16U-18U. DCP Rawlings players. High intensity days, combined with off days, dry work days and low-effort days.